Be Equipped and Encouraged at ABC’s Biblical Counseling Conference
Author: Jeremy Lelek
ABC’s National Biblical Counseling Conference is a wonderful time of training, networking and fellowship, being reminded that we are all called to counsel.
The Association of Biblical Counselor’s National Biblical Counseling Conference is coming up on April 27th-29th at Irving Bible Church in DFW. We are anticipating a wonderful time of training, networking and fellowship and are praying attendees will be encouraged and blessed. Below are five reasons you should consider attending this year’s conference:
- It Is A Place of Encouragement for the Encourager: The ABC Conference is intended to offer encouragement to our fellow brothers and sisters who are serving in the trenches. Counseling is the sacrificial act of giving one’s self for the sake of others—a pouring out of our hearts to minister to the needs of those in our lives. Our hope is that the annual conference will offer spiritual nourishment and emotional rest for those immersed in the ongoing ministry of soul care.
- Exceptional Training from Biblical Counseling Leaders: This year we will be blessed by some of the most gifted thinkers and speakers in biblical counseling. Our featured speakers include Joni Earickson Tada, Steve Brown, Elyse Fitzpatrick, Winston Smith, Tim Challies, Susan Thomas, and John Henderson. Additionally, we have exceptional scholars and seasoned counselors such as Dr. Eric Johnson, Dr. Greg Cook, Rachael Rosser and others who will be offering informative pre-conference workshops to further equip attendees in the work of biblical counseling.
- Insightful Panel Discussions: Scripture says that there is safety in a multitude of counselors (Proverbs 11:14). Biblical counseling is not a monolithic discipline rather it is a unified model of care that expresses itself through diversity. Our panel discussions are designed to give attendees a broad, yet consistent glimpse into the nuanced styles and perspectives that are reflected within the leadership of the biblical counseling movement.
- Refreshing Community for Fellow Biblical Counselors: The ABC Conference Schedule provides attendees with opportunities for rich connection with fellow counselors committed to developing as stewards of God’s Word. This year’s event will offer various luncheons and meet-ups to encourage networking and connection among attendees. Getting to know others with a shared passion for counseling can be a very enjoyable and enriching experience.
- Renewed Vision for Our Call As Counselors: ABC’s Conference serves as an urgent reminder of the divine call to which all believers in Jesus Christ have been summoned. We are all called to counsel, and our hope is that from the opening to closing prayers that attendees will be more impassioned towards this call to the glory of God and for the sake of His divine Kingdom!
I want to personally invite you to our 2017 ABC National Conference as I believe it will serve as a very special time of encouragement and equipping for you. Whether you are a pastor, counselor, small group leader, Sunday school teacher, or a believer who simply wants to enhance your understanding of the Bible as it pertains to the issues of the heart, our conference will offer something valuable to you.
Register today for the ABC National Conference, happening April 27-29, 2017 at Irving Bible Church! If you have any questions pertaining to the conference, please call our office at 1-877-222-4551.
Posted on March 6, 2017