New Year, New Biblical Counseling Conference, Same Heart
Category: Blog, Counseling, Ministry, The Gospel
It’s a New Year and a new Biblical counseling conference with the same heart to call all believers to grow in their practical ability to counsel the Word.
Our team at the Association of Biblical Counselors is excited and grateful for the opportunity to gather this April 27-29th at the ABC National Conference. This new Biblical counseling conference has the same hope and heart as our mission: to encourage, equip and enrich all believers everywhere to live and counsel the Word, applying the Gospel to the whole experience of life.
We’ve gathered gifted pastors, professional counselors and colleagues in the field of Biblical counseling to offer us practical training in various areas of soul care during our Pre-Conference Workshops on Thursday April 27. Topics and Speakers include:
- Humility: An Ever Decreasing Self, An Ever Increasing Christ with Margaret Ashmore
- The Implications of Misplaced Identity with Lee Lewis
- Recognizing and Responding to Domestic Abuse with Greg Wilson
- Working with a Person’s Story in Christian Counseling with Eric Johnson
- Gospel-Centered Relationships with Mike Sharrett
- Adolescents: Who Are They and How Do We Counsel Them with Tim Watson
- Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and the Gospel with Rachel Rosser
- Implementing Equipped To Counsel in the Local Church with Greg Cook
Our Plenary Sessions on Friday April 28 and Saturday April 29 will feature Joni Eareckson Tada, Winston Smith, Steve Brown, Susan Thomas, Tim Challies, Elyse Fitzpatrick, our ABC President Jeremy Lelek, Equipped to Counsel author John Henderson and more!
Join us for this incredible opportunity to rest through connecting with peers facing the same counseling challenges and desires and learning from today’s leading voices in Biblical counseling!
Early Bird Registration ends January 31st – Register Today for the 2017 Called To Counsel Conference!
Posted on January 5, 2017