Cutting and Self-Harm
Author: Jeremy Lelek
Today I had the privilege to do an interview with Kurt Goff at www.wdcxfm.com on a very difficult topic – cutting. If you need a resource to use in helping someone you know and love who is struggling with this issue, I’ve included a free handout here. If you are interested in my booklet on cutting, you can find it here. In the end, if you or your child is a believer in Christ, Jesus is committed to redeeming this problem. Consider this passage:
“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works” (Titus 2:11-14).
- God’s grace is intended to train us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions.
- God, by grace, is helping us live self-controlled lives NOW!
- Christ is committed to transforming and healing our hearts as we prepare to meet Him face to face.
- Our lives (and bodies) belong to Jesus. We’re His possession, and he will work fully to complete the work He has begun in our lives.
- Jesus will not stop His work in our lives until we are zealous to do good works for His eternal glory!
Posted on May 10, 2011